The Regina Monologues

Monday, October 23, 2006

We still (heart) Regina

Well, kids, to be honest, I haven't felt much like sitting in front of the ol' home computer now that I sit in front of the ol' work computer all day. But, because our lives are so infinitely interesting, I shall make a great sacrifice and give you a quick li'l update.
Things have been swimming right along, and we're still having a great time in the beautiful city of Regina. I've got a very low-level job with Saskatchewan Learning as a student records clerk, but I'm glad to have something, and government experience is a good thing. Fortunately, the office environment is very positive, and it's fun to have people to socialize with. I'm also taking three dance classes a week, including a pretty hardcore ballet class involving tights and bodysuits and the whole deal. Wheee! I'm absolutely loving it, and I can't believe I'm having fun exercising.
Jimmy is wowing his parishioners with his mad skills, and learning much from them as well. The other night we went over to the home of Gordon and Adeline where we played Rummikub and ate apple kuchen til all hours of the night. I've been helping out with the Sunday schoolers, which is always entertaining. Seriously, how adorable are these kids?
We've been having a lot of time together, which has been absolutely refreshing. We are now the proud owners of a copy of Dance Factory, the game that lets you dance dance to all your favourite tunes. So far, we've danced to the sounds of Weezer, the Ventures, Cornershop, OK Go, They Might Be Giants, Moxy Fruvous, k-os, and Meco's "Star Wars/Cantina Band." It's freakin' awesome.
A very kind parishoner also relinquished her tickets to the last Riders home game of the season, and so we bundled up and watched the Riders win! win! win! (Note, of course, that I remain a Stampeders fan through and through, but we love to cheer for the Riders. And we even rang our touchdown cowbell to cheer for Schulz!)
Warning: the remainder of this post consists of pictures of our cat. I know that other people's pets is the number one worst blog subject, so I apologize. However, I suspect that those who know and love Milton might enjoy this a bit, so please excuse the indulgence.
Lately, Milton has been on TV
has imitated laundry at various stages
and even joined in the dance-dancing. Sort of.
And so our little adventure continues.

4 Comments:

  • Keep the Milton pictures coming! Dixie loves to see what the other vicars' cats are up to.

    By Blogger nat, at 9:22 a.m.  

  • Rider Pride Nationwide!!! We are the Sperm Whales! Oah Oah!

    By Blogger the hammer, at 11:49 a.m.  

  • You do realize that Milton is an absolute darling, right? Right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 p.m.  

  • okay, i have to admit that the sperm whale comment is completely beyond my understanding. thorry.

    By Blogger kari-o, at 10:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home